Chocolate and vanilla marble cake
This cake is called marble because of the existence of two different flavors and colors. In this article, I'm sharing with you the chocolate and vanilla marble cake recipe.
Chocolate and vanilla marble cake recipe
Preparation time: 50 min; Baking time: 40 min; Serves: 6;
A. Marble Cake :
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 180g granulated sugar
- 180g unsalted butter, softened
- 180g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Cake directions:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a 10 * 24 cm cake mold.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl, clarify the eggs and whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar with butter until the mixture is homogenous.
- Incorporate the egg yolks one after another and beat between each addition.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder on top, then mix well.
- Finally, gently incorporate the whites into the mixture using a spatula.
- Divide the batter into two bowls.
- Add the vanilla pod in the first one and stir.
- Add the cocoa powder in the other one and stir.
- Spoon 2 dollops of batter into the mold next to each other, 1 chocolate and 1 vanilla. Repeat twice, alternating the layers. With a knife, swirl the cocoa batter into the vanilla batter to incorporate it in a marble effect.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until an inserted wooden pick comes out clear.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes in the cake mold before unmolding.
B. Chocolate ganache recipe:
- 100g chocolate, chopped
- 100 ml heavy cream
- Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, placed into a medium bowl, cover it for 3 minutes then whisk until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring over the marble cake and let it set for 40 minutes in the fridge.
And bon appétit :)
She who fell from the stars