Fresh and super easy-to-make salad
What's your best easy-to-make meal? I would say Salad. It's always present on my table, whether in small quantities like the photo below or in big bowls to share. I propose here a vegetarian spring salad recipe made with a selection of vegetables and drizzled with a homemade mustard dressing.
Beetroot, tomato, cucumber, mushrooms and olives Salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Serves: 1.
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 small cucumber, sliced vertically
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 6 Iceberg salad leaves and 3 iceberg salad leaves cut into small cubes
- 1 beetroot, cut into small slices
- 3 baby radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup olives
- 1/4 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Handful fresh parsley
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Dressing ingredients:
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thyme (optional)
- To make the dressing: Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set it aside.
- To assemble the salad:
- Place the salad leaves vertically, the cucumbers and mushrooms.
- Add the small iceberg cubes in the bottom of the bowl, layer the tomatoes alternatively with the beetroots.
- Top them off with olives, onions, mint leaves and parsley.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Taste for seasoning and add in more salt and pepper (or/and thyme) if needed.
- Serve & Bon appétit!
She who fell from the stars