My 30th Birthday!
This year, I have celebrated my 30th birthday. And to be honest, I was pretty nervous about it! ;) But when I think about some of my achievements, I feel proud and happy.
I decided when I was 22 years old to travel to France and pursue my Master's degrees then my PhD, I was intending to come back to my homeland and stay close to my parents and family.
But several things happened over the years, pushing my destiny to stay in France. And now, France is my home for 9 years.
I am grateful in my life for: my baby boy Alexandre, my husband, my beautiful family, my amazing friends Hasna & Christelle who support me all the time.
I am grateful for being able to share with you my passion for food styling photography daily on Instagram and now via my blog.
I am grateful for meeting amazing people everyday via this platform. I did not think that at the age of 30, we can still have close friends no matter the distance.
I am grateful for every little thing that makes me smile and happy. And also, for all the little things that make me sad or angry, as they let me grow with strength and persistence.
After all, being 30 is not bad at all, and I will keep on enjoying every single day for the years to come :) Cheers!
Coconut coffee naked cake with coconut mascarpone filling recipe
Preparation time: 1 hour; Baking time: 1 hour; Serves: 7-8;
A. Coconut coffee naked cake recipe: (Recipe adapted from Linda Lomelino)
- 150g butter
- 80g shredded coconut
- 180g all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 280g granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla powder
- 150 ml strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 175C. Grease a 15cm cake pan.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla powder until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the shredded coconut, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and stir until smooth.
- Add in the melted butter and coffee and stir until completely smooth.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake in the lower part of the oven for 55-65 min or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
B. Coconut mascarpone frosting recipe:
- 250g mascarpone
- 1-2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Beat the mascarpone and sugar until smooth. Add the cream and beat until firm.
- Add the coconut and mix well.
C. Assemble the cake:
- Lazy Suzanne / turntable or cake stand
- Piping bag
- Piping tip wherever you want (in my case, it's the )
- Sharp Knife
- Take the cake out the fridge and cut it into three layers using a sharp knife.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a medium round tip with coconut mascarpone cream. Hold the piping bag perpendicularly on top of the cake and start piping from the outer edges to the inside of the cake.
- Place another layer of the cake on top of the cream.
- Make again the number 2 directions.
- Add the last cake layer, pipe again the cream and decorate the top with flowers.
She who fell from the stars