Pesto, one of my favorite pasta sauces!
The smell of fresh basil reminds me of Lebanon and it's gardens, of homemade pesto sauce that my husband prepare and of a delicious pasta meal for lunch or dinner.
My husband loves gardening and loves basil, so whenever it's basil season we are very well served. The recipe I'm sharing with you is my husband's recipe and I can tell that it's so creamy and full of flavors. One of his advices for the best pesto sauce is to use organic olive oil and fresh basil (why not fresh basil from the garden :)). Usually basil is used fresh in salads and added at the last moment to preserve its flavor, same thing is applied to pesto sauce. Try not to wash the basil before blending it with all the ingredients because you wash out most of the flavor that's sitting on the pores of the leaves.
Pesto sauce recipe
Preparation time: 5 min; Serves: 200ml jar;
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 250ml organic olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
- 50g pine nuts
- Salt to taste
- Blend all the ingredients together with a blender or mixer.
- You can add more olive oil if needed, depends on the consistency that you want.
- Tip: Top your pasta with pesto sauce + fried pine nuts or a generous amount of parmesan, for extra gluttony.
She who fell from the stars