The ultimate chocolate brownie!
There's always room for dessert, like all the time! I have the best brownie recipe to share with you with a huge plus, adding chocolate ganache on top (inspired by the amazing Maja Vase) and it will become the most dense-chocolate dessert you have ever taste.
A brownie topped with chocolate ganache could be an insane idea.. but it's too delicious not to try it even for once in your life ;) Besides, do you believe in wonderland?
- I do :)
My wonderland, is a land full of sprinkles, super tiny sprinkles in all shapes and colors that I could use to decorate a cake, brownie in this case. I could spend my whole life doing this... Designing and decorating cakes with tiny little sugar pearls. It makes me feel in a peaceful state of mind, happy and relaxed. And you? how does it look like "your" wonderland?
Chocolate brownie topped with chocolate ganache recipe
Preparation time: 50 min; baking time: 20 min (brownie) + 7 min (ganache); Refrigeration time: 4 hours; Serves: 10;
A. Chocolate brownie recipe (adapted from Genius Kitchen):
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the vegetable oil with sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs + vanilla and stir until blended.
- Mix and sift all dry ingredients (baking powder, cocoa powder, salt & flour) in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients in the oil/sugar/eggs/vanilla mixture until well blended.
- Poor into greased 20cm x 15 cm square pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until sides just starts to pull away from the pan.
- Let it cool completely.
B. Chocolate ganache recipe:
- 100g chocolate, chopped
- 100 ml heavy cream
- Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, placed into a medium bowl, cover it for 3 minutes then whisk until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring over the brownie and let it set for 4 hours in the fridge. Then decorate the brownie with sprinkles, sugar pearls, cocoa powder, icing sugar, etc..
Below is another brownie version following the same recipe. It's topped with a thin layer of Nutella, covered with crushed hazelnuts and decorated with strawberries and edible flowers.
She who fell from the stars