Lemon & poppy seeds loaf cake
Well here I am... writing my last blogpost before starting officially a new job.
For those who are already following me on Instagram and who read my "about me" section, know that I have been looking for a new job in process and chemical engineering for a while now and in parallel was concentrating on developing my passion in food styling photography and pastry.
I'm so happy that IG gave me the chance to be in contact with many amazing and wonderful people. For me, you are more than people who are following my IG journey, you have become close friends and I really care about knowing your news on a daily basis.
I hope I will manage my time between the new job, my baby and our home duties in order to continue sharing my passion with you at least once or twice a week :)
In this blogpost, I'm sharing the recipe of a lemon and poppy seeds loaf cake. This flavor combination made me remember the first time I bought a part of a lemon and poppy seed cake on my way from Paris to Lyon to meet my best friend. Christelle was and still is the first person who believed in me and who was pushing me day after day to pursue my IG journey and to keep focusing on photography and baking.
Christelle, I dedicate you this blogpost. You were here from day 1 and I'm sure our friendship will last forever.
Lemon and poppy seeds loaf cake recipe
Preparation time: 1 hour; Baking time: 50 min; Serves: 8;
A/ Lemon and poppy seeds loaf cake (recipe adapted from the website Odélices)
- 3 eggs
- 160g granulated sugar
- 200g flour, sifted
- 1 package baking powder
- 140g butter, melted
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture whitens.
- Gradually add the sifted flour and baking powder. Then add the melted butter.
- Wash the lemons, take the zest of one lemon and the juice of both lemons.
- Add them to the preparation with the poppy seeds.
- Pour the mixture into a cake pan and bake 50 min in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- Before unmolding, allow to cool.
B/ Lemon frosting (recipe adapted from Chef Lara Ariss "Levantine Harvest" book)
- 50g cream cheese
- 50g icing sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice and zest until smooth.
- Spread a thick layer of frosting on the cooled cake and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Bon appétit :)
She who fell from the stars